Steel alloys are useful materials with a wide array of applications. These materials, including 660 stainless and b8 stainless, can be classified into four categories: structural steels, tool and die steels, magnetic alloys, and stainless and heat-resisting steels. Stainless steels in particular continue to be in demand in a variety of industries. The following are just some of the common uses for stainless steel alloys.
- Aircrafts and Aerospace: Stainless steel is resistant to corrosion and able to withstand even the harshest environmental conditions. This makes it ideal for aircrafts, as they operate in various temperatures, elevations, and precipitation. The material is also highly durable, an important quality when operating in the air.
- High-Pressure Energy Systems: The durable nature of stainless steel is also able to withstand high pressures and temperatures, making it ideal for energy production. This includes land-based power plants as well as more remote military applications.
- Medical Equipment: A familiar use, medical equipment needs to be in top condition and able to be sanitized easily. Stainless steel provides this level of cleanliness for tools and other medical appliances.
- Oil And Gas Sourcing: Similar to its use in energy plants, stainless steel is also used in the harvest of natural gas and oil. These alloys are appropriate materials for these applications because they are able to stand up to the high pressure and heat under the earth’s surface.
- Food Processing: Using stainless steel for food production is a healthy protection for consumers, as it provides clean, corrosion-free tools and surfaces with which food is made and packaged. Much like in the medical industry, it is able to be sanitized very easily.
Whether using 660 stainless or another material, companies can trust that stainless steel alloys will provide the tool and mechanic integrity that they require. If you are interested in purchasing some of these alloys for your company, be sure to do plenty of research on the very specific type of metal that you require, as there are many options.
Diversified Metals is a leading manufacturer of specialized alloys. Whether you need nickel 400, QQ N 281, HY 80, or another material, browse our website today to see how we can help you with your industry’s needs.